“Probiotics for Dummies“, Dr. Shekhar Challa once again simplifies a complicated subject in a way that will help readers improve their health. This book is an excellent resource identifying current research in the probiotics field, and is easily understood and informative. It’s a clear guide showing readers how and why it’s important to incorporate probiotics in their diets.
– Dr. Michael Sorrell, Robert L. Grissom Professor of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Co-director of solid organ transplant center, University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Don’t let the humorous title, “Probiotics for Dummies” mislead you. Dr Challa’s very comprehensive primer will help you quickly grasp the vital importance of probiotics from both supplements and food. With easy-to-understand facts and the most recent medical research you’ll see why probiotics and prebiotics are the foundation for a long healthy life.
– Donna Gates, Nutritional consultant, Author of “The Body Ecology Diet”
Dr. Shekhar Challa’s book, “Probiotics for Dummies”, provides an easy-to-understand, practical framework for learning about probiotics. Focusing on overall wellness, he demystifies the digestive realm of microflora, micronutrients, supplements, and medications, giving readers a “go to” resource to make informed health decisions.
– Mary Schluckebier, BS, MA, Executive Director, Celiac Sprue Association
Outstanding! Having read numerous books on Probiotics in preparation for my new Film on these “good bugs”, I was extremely impressed with all the great and useful information provided in Dr. Challa’s new book. His experience as a Board Certified Gastroenterologist clearly makes a huge difference in explaining to the reader how important Probiotics are, not only for Gastrointestinal Health but for overall excellent health and well-being. I would highly recommend “Probiotics for Dummies” for anyone wishing to learn about these beneficial bacteria!
– David Knight, Executive Producer “Microwarriors: The Power of Probiotics”
I can’t think of a better gastroenterologist than Dr. Challa to navigate the tour through the new and powerful world of probiotics—from GI conditions and women’s health issues to allergies and immunity. Certain probiotic strains can make the difference between health and illness and “Probiotics For Dummies” covers it all in a user-friendly way.
– Endorsement by Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, author of 25 books on nutrition including “Tell Me What To Eat If I Have Acid Reflux” and “Tell Me What To Eat If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome”
I want to send my sincere congratulations to Dr. Challa on this momentous achievement. I understand that Dr. Challa is 1 of only 3 authors in the history of Kansas to author a “Dummies” book by Wiley Publications. So I am thrilled to see a member of my health care advisory council, who I can assure you has had years of practice honing his explanations to those of us without his depth of medical experience, spread his important message to the country at large. I know our nation is way behind the rest of the world in realizing the benefits of probiotics, and I’m glad a Kansan has taken it up on himself to spread the word. Again Congratulations Dr. Challa and I wish you all the best.
– Endorsement by Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins, 2nd District of Kansas
Dr. Challa’s new book Spurn the Burn will undoubtedly become a bible for all those millions suffering from acid reflux disease.
– Prof. Dr. Michael Nobel, Chairman, Nobel Family Association, Stockholm, Sweden
Dr. Challa’s book offers a comprehensive overview of the disease and its treatment, including various herbal remedies.
– The National Heartburn Alliance
A practical book by a practical doc. Good reading for anyone who has heartburn or takes care of heartburn patients.
– Joel E. Richter, MD, FACP, MACG, Prof. of Medicine and Chairman, Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine
Dr. Challa has written an invaluable resource for acid reflux suffers. He guides the reader through the new advances in diagnostics, signs and symptoms, complications, and treatment options with a command of the topic and an understanding of how people really think and live.
– Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, The Recipe Doctor and author of 26 books, including Tell Me What to Eat if I Have Acid Reflux and Fry Light, Fry Right!
Anyone who’s ever suffered from acid reflux must read this book. Dr. Challa explains in simple detail how you can change and improve the quality of your life. Take control of your health and read this book today.
– Sally Taylor, author of the award-winning On My Own
This should be required for patients and their families. It’s practical and guides the reader in taking control of their lives.
– Barbara Veres, Hepatitis Magazine
The book and CD cover every topic related to Hepatitis C. I highly recommend it.
– Alan Franciscus, Exec. Dir., Hepatitis C Support Project and Editor-in Chief, HCV Advocate
This book is written in a direct and easily understandable manner. The lay public interested in Hepatitis C will benefit from a close reading of this book.
– Dr. Michael Sorrell, Robert L. Grissom, Prof. of Medicine, University of Nebraska